Friday, March 22, 2013

Opening Day

It is 45* and sunny in the Kank this afternoon, perfect day to fire up the grill for the first time. Nothing fancy, just some pork ribs dry rubbed and slowly grilled with charcoal and poplar wood. I used a combo of red pepper flakes, garlic salt, and BBQ rub for the dry rub.

To feel the sun and smell cooking meat and charcoal/wood smoke while enjoying a home brew or three; specifically my dunkel, Moca Latte Yaya Dada (or what ever we're calling it now), and a 7 Kingdoms. A nice way to pass the hour that it took to cook my ribs.

They were delicious. Juicy, smokey, and mildly spicy. Went perfectly with The Hobbit. I recommend all of you light up the grills as soon as you can.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! I may do some chicken tomorrow, with some Holy Mosaic pale ale.

    ReplyDelete