Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hop Garden - Summer Update

First, allow me to apologize for my recent absence. Life has been crazy. The Mrs and I have been watching her niece and two nephews for the last month and suddenly becoming a "parent" of three has been time consuming. But, we just returned from vacationing for 10 days and the hops, and other garden plants, have been growing well in our absence.

As you can see the Centennial has quite a few hops and the Chinook has also made it to the top of the trellis in its first year at my house. The first year Cascade is a respectable 6 feet high and the Williamette, which was injured last year, has made a respectable comeback. Everything has signs of hop growth.

Stay tuned. Soon I will try to catch you up on the brews that I managed to get in with 3 kids running around and on some other adventures in home brewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment