Sunday, May 12, 2013

Jackpot

So I received a text from a friend today asking if I would be interested in her husband's old brewing equipment. Since I'm never one to turn down a handout I said that I'd be right over. I thought that I would get a new carboy and maybe an extra hydrometer out of the deal.

Little did I know that he was a brewer from way back. Most of what he had (pictured below) is well aged and will require a lot of cleaning, but is still excellent brewing equipment. Probably won't trust the gypsum to be usable and the old racking cane will find its way to the garbage. But the EZ Cap bottles, 2 six gallon carboys, and wort testing kits are a most welcome surprise. Even the old canned Mr. Beer mixes (best if used before 1997) will decorate my man cave.

Perhaps the best surprise were the 15 still full bottles of his home brew; circa the 1990s. Still good? Probably not. Will I give one a try anyway? You know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment